Accounts Assistant (Part Time 20 Hours per week)
Senior Accounts Manager
To assist in ensuring the date required to complete financial reports is submitted monthly in a timely manner to the Senior Accounts Officer. Responsible for weekly purchasing/Hotel booking for the company and to ensure all procedures are followed.
As the Accounts Assistant you will undertake part or parts of the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive):
- The prudent, prompt, accurate and efficient administration support of all financial tasks and systems within the Company that allows the Company to meet contractual obligations and deliverables efficiently within the required timescales and budgets. Additionally, for providing support to the Senior Accounts Officer in relation to monthly Management Accounts.
- Provide support to the Managers by helping with hotel bookings and purchases within their departments, always ensure price check is completed
- To deal with employees and their queries with regards to purchasing/Hotel booking and assist if required. Responsible to ensuring all invoices are matched with approved, verified orders
- Responsible for checking and verifying all expense submissions and entering data to SAGE or any other financial system used by the company
- Proactive resolution of planned and unforeseen circumstances to ensure the Company delivers contract outcomes within the timescales and budget allocations.
- Competent or capable of becoming competent in all financial systems used throughout the Company.
- Provide administration support to the Senior Accounts Officer always striving to achieve the highest standards and the required quality of output. This will be achieved through close working relationship with the Senior Accounts Officer, office management and interactions with all colleagues in order to complete your tasks.
- Assist the Senior Accounts Officer with liaison and maintaining the good working relationship with external and third parties such as consultants, clients, subcontractors, suppliers and other stakeholders who have a direct impact on the Company's financial position.
- Work on your own initiative following your initial training to complete the tasks assigned to you by the Senior Accounts Officer who will be reviewing and accepting your work.
- P11D Spreadsheet Update, responsible of making sure the BIK spreadsheet is up to date and ready for submission when required.
- Process Company Card receipts by checking and verifying transactions. All approved transaction to be transferred to SAGE.
- Petty Cash receipt data entry onto financial system
- Supplier Invoices / Supplier statements, responsible of checking supplier statements and invoices making sure our financial system matches supplier statement. Any discrepancies must be reported to Senior Accounts Officer and rectified. Supplier invoices data entry to financial system after all verification completed. Reconciling supplier statements on a daily and weekly basis. Investigating and resolving queries relating to supplier invoices.
- Fuel and hotel allocation to correct department on our financial system, working with relevant spreadsheets on Integrated Management System (Jarvis).
- Weekly filing of all documents
- Credit control - assisting with credit control, chasing debt via telephone, email and letter, allocating incoming payments onto the ledger.
- Purchase order processing
- Managing daily post in and out
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- All aspects of sales ledger, raising invoices, re-issuing invoices and raising credit notes.
- Knowledge of Integrated Management System (Jarvis) where relevant to role.
- Competence in Microsoft Office
- Strategic thinking capabilities
- Excellent numerical skills allied with inter personal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Constant endeavor to achieve quality of output.
- Competence in the use of SAGE
The role is predominately an office based role working from our Brentwood office.
- Annual leave entitlement increases with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Company funded Private Health Care
- Recreational wellbeing voucher
- Employee assistance programme
- Company funded travel insurance
- Death in service cover
- Personal health care days
- Working away credit schemes
- Company sick pay
- Training and development opportunities available
- Paid charitable work day
- Medicash – Health Care Cash Scheme – also offers retail discounts.
Catsurveys’ Vision is: 'To provide the best data on the world's assets'