Catsurveys offers professional, cost effective intrusive investigations tailored to individual client requirements. We plan, resource and manage your Ground Investigation surveys from initial Desk Studies through to site investigation, laboratory analysis and detailed design reporting. Our aim is to provide a Safe and efficient approach to deliver all the information your project may need.
Geotechnical Borehole Sampling
By using the latest technologies available including hand auguring, conventional and cut-down cable percussive rigs, light and dual mast dynamic samplers, heavy duty rotary and sonic drilling rigs, we aim to offer you a tailor made, versatile approach to delivering the best outcomes for your specific site requirements.
Geotechnical Rotary Diamond Coring
We also offer rotary diamond coring to investigate structural makeup and integrity of all hard surface materials and for examination of brick, concrete or composite structures, with both vertical and horizontal drilling available. Diameters range from 50mm to 250mm, with larger sizes being available on specific request.
This is suitable for all hard surface materials and for examination of brick, concrete or composite structures, with both vertical and horizontal drilling available.
Trial Hole Excavation as a Geotechnical method
May it be hand dug, machine or vacuum excavation on fields, verge, footway or carriageway we plan to deliver the safest and most economical solution to discover the underground services or structures you are looking for. Using the latest in photogrammetry techniques we are able to produce 3D as-built, measurable models of the excavation.
Using the latest in photogrammetry techniques we are able to produce 3D as-built, measurable models of the excavation.
In-Situ Geotechnical Testing
Working alone or in partnership we carry out the following in-situ Geo Technical testing:
- Cone Penetration Testing (CPT) is used to determine the strength of the subsurface and design load of the soil. Once the maximum design load of a soil is known, these results can be used to calculate appropriate footings and foundations for sub/superstructures to be placed on or within the soil.
- CBR testing is conducted to determine the strength of a material (usually a subgrade) when it is at its maximum compaction. This purpose of this is to determine the required thickness of a structural layer or asphaltic layer (e.g. a footpath) to be placed on top of the tested material. This test ensures that the strength requirements outlined by the scope of works are satisfied.
- Standard Penetration Tests (SPTs) provide in-situ information about the density of granular deposits, such as sands and gravel.
- Heavy (HDP) & Super Heavy Dynamic Probe (SHDP) testing is used to determine the resistance of in-situ soils. Our in-house Geotechnical Engineers carry out comprehensive reporting as appropriate to our client’s requirements.
- Thermal Resistivity (TR) testing measures the capacity of the ground to conduct or dissipate heat. A correct understanding of the thermal properties of a soil or made ground is important for the design and installation of underground pipelines and transmission cables, as improper installations often can lead to premature failures.
Geotechnical Laboratory Services
Working in partnership with MCERTS accredited laboratories we offer the following laboratory services:
- Geotechnical Testing suites
- Environmental Testing suites
- Contaminated Soil & Water Analysis
- WAC Testing suites
Customer Satisfaction for Geotechnical services
Working closely with our clients, from major utility companies, consulting engineers, insurance companies to the general public, we are able to offer a versatile approach to site investigations, without the need to re-attend site at a later date to complete further intrusive works.
Our communication, cooperation and management strategy has assisted us in continually developing and adapting our approach, which ensures a long-lasting, positive, proactive and professional working relationship with all of our long-term clients, whether they are looking for Geotechnical services or other specialised services.