The team at Catsurveys are pleased to announce that we have successfully transitioned and accredited by BSI to the latest ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards.
To ensure that the ISO standards are consistently relevant, they are reviewed every five years by the ISO Committee. The 2015 editions of these standards feature important changes, and acts as a valuable tool for us to streamline our processes and make Catsurveys even more efficient through structured process approach and risk based thinking.
What is ISO 9001?
The ISO 9001 standard helps organizations demonstrate to customers that the products or services they offer are of a consistently high quality and customer satisfaction and continual improvement. The 2015 edition features various changes, which Nigel Croft, Chair of the ISO subcommittee refers to as an “evolutionary rather than a revolutionary” process.
Delivering a high-quality service is one of our main priorities as a company, and this accreditation enables us to show our customers that we are consistently committed to this. Obtaining the ISO 9001:2015 accreditation is a fantastic achievement for us and demonstrates that we endeavour to uphold an up to date and in-depth Integrated Management System.
The main topics covered in the ISO 9001:2015 are as follows:
- Requirements for an Integrated Management System, including documented information, planning and determining process interactions through a Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle
- Responsibilities and leadership of senior management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the Integrated Management System through activities like internal audits and corrective and preventive action
What is ISO 14001?
The ISO 14001 standard specify the requirements for an environmental management system that is used to enhance our environmental performance. It allows us to recognise and understand our environmental aspects and impacts so that we can manage our environmental responsibilities in an organised way, therefore contributing to environmental sustainability.
The new 2015 standard addresses the change in environmental practices, and helps us to ensure that our management system is future proof. We all have a global responsibility to grow without compromising resources for future generations - companies, organizations and society included.
As a service provider our own impacts on the environment are small but there are measures that we can put in place to ensure that environmental issues are still addressed. As part of our ISO 14001 accreditation, we have clear environmental objectives to reduce our kWh usage within the office by 10%.
The key changes to the ISO 14001 standards are as follows:
- Increased prominence of environmental management within the organization's strategic planning processes
- Greater focus on leadership
- Addition of proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation
- Improving environmental performance added
- Lifecycle thinking when considering environmental aspects
- Addition of a communications strategy
How does it impact Catsurveys?
“Our Integrated Management System has been created to provide a clear framework for Catsurveys.” explains Nick Spenceley, General Manager. “This framework enables us to ensure a consistent process approach to our Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety performance."